Custom Vacuum Dryers
GEMCO’s Custom Vacuum Dryers are tested and proven world-class machines.
- Dries material roughly three times faster than a tray dryer.
- Provides low-temperature drying for heat-sensitive materials.
- Allows for inert atmospheres without Oxygen contact.
- Provides product mobility without segregation or classification of fines.
- Provides a low final moisture content.
- Produces predictable, repeatable, and scalable results.
- Custom Vacuum Dryers limit contamination potential.
As with any piece of process machinery, proper application of Custom Vacuum Dryers is essential. Make sure you find out what is being dried and what its properties are at all stages of the process before a unit is quoted. Go back to the fundamental properties of the material. Ask if it flows while wet. Does it get sticky or ball up when half dry? Does it become so slippery that it doesn’t tumble but slides? Does it dry to a fine powder that will aerate with the vapors and clog the filter? Understand what the machine is expected to handle and do before making a selection.
A GEMCO Custom Vacuum Tumble Dryer offers easy cleaning and low maintenance. The vacuum tube has an adjustable external clamp to prevent damage if a ball of material hits the filter head inside the vessel. A simple indicator, either visual or automated, could alert the operator to its occurrence. A special stuffing box arrangement keeps the packing material from the product being dried. Its construction offers a full ball bearing on each trunnion for smooth, safe long life.
Slant Cone Vacuum Dryer Options
As a custom manufacturer of tumble dryer equipment, GEMCO can build slant cone tumble dryers to your exact specifications for your intended applications. Take advantage of equipment options that can improve and streamline production cycles. The full line of GEMCO Slant Cone Tumble Vacuum Dryers can be purchased as totally packaged, “stand-alone” systems. With a packaged system, the only external requirements are electricity, water, and air for total operation for simple integration into your existing manufacturing processes. Standard packages and options include:
- Explosion-proof design
- GEMCOMATIC – Material Handling System
- Support frame extensions
- Thermistor sensors for product-process monitoring/control
- Ceramic-coated or stellite agitator blades
- Retractable sleeve
- Special electronics
- Reverse-pulse vacuum filter cleaning
- Application-specific filters and filter cover bags
- Support enclosures
- Recorder/controller for vacuum and heat
- Atmospheric control
- Seam-welded stainless steel insulation jacket
- GEMCO valve
- Sanitary construction
- Complete range of finishes and polishes
- Convertible units capable of agitator and/or Airless I retrofit
- Pneumatic valve operation
- Computerized process control
- Weigh cells
We specialize in development of all things powder for manufacturing industries.
Looking For more Product Resources?
Upgrading is for phones.
Future-proof your investment.
GEMCO’s complete product line is designed around a long term philosophy. Whether you’re purchasing a new or used GEMCO product, rest assured our engineers manufacture for legacy models.